Sesame Street: Once Upon A Monster – Xbox 360
Video Games | Kids & Family | Metascore: 70⇑
A Living Storybook Full of Lessons for Children | 151 Reviews | 3.6/5.0 Stars
Sesame Street: Once Upon A Monster is an Educational Adventure game in which young children learn lessons as as they accompany some of their favorite Sesame Street characters in a truly interactive storybook experience.
Gameplay revolves around an in-game book called Once Upon a Monster that is found by Cookie Monster and Elmo. As the book is opened they along with players become functioning characters in its six chapter storyline.
Here they encounter a variety of friendly muppet like monsters who need help with age-appropriate problems and scenarios. Some of the subjects touched upon include: cooperation, empathy, appreciation of similarities and differences in others, the value of exercise and preschool level skills.
The game also features drop-in/out co-op gameplay support allowing additional kids or parents to join in the fun and/or come to the aid of a child who needs help, a variety of in-game activities and controller-free action using the Kinect Sensor for Xbox 360.*
Key Game Features
- A Fun, Cooperative Play Experience – Every activity is designed to be fun played by oneself, but even more fun with a family member or friend. Drop in/out cooperative gameplay is ideal for parent-child or child-sibling co-play
- Living Storybook Adventure – The game is a guided exploration of a living storybook where players help their monster friends with problems, all while interacting with enchanting and whimsical environments around them
- New and Familiar Characters – Players can interact with their favorite Sesame Street characters as well as make new monster friends as they progress in their adventures
- Broad Range of Games – A variety of entertaining and intuitive activities enable young kids to play easily with natural controller-free motions using the Kinect Sensor for Xbox 360
- Active Gameplay – Players can engage in fun and physical activities such as monkey-see-monkey-do, playing instruments, flying, and running obstacle courses
* Gameplay requires the Kinect Sensor for Xbox 360 sold separately
|Release date||October 11, 2011|
3.6 out of 5 stars
|Best Sellers Rank||#8,599 in videogames
#638 in Video Games > Xbox 360 > Games
|Pricing||The strikethrough price is the List Price. Savings represents a discount off the List Price.|
|Product Dimensions||5.3 x 0.6 x 7.5 inches|
|Domestic Shipping||This item is also available for shipping to select countries outside the U.S.|
|International Shipping||This item is not eligible for international shipping.|
WHERE TO GET | DEALS AVAILABLE